Lunch with the hubby

The hubby and I were out shopping
for Christmas and we went to lunch
at Cotton Patch Cafe. One of our
favorite places. Well, we walked in
and low and behold...there behind the
counter was one of my students that
graduated last year. He ran around the
counter and gave me one of his signature
hugs. I think it really makes my hubby
happy to see that these kids really love
me and even after they graduate I'm the one
they remember the most. Makes me so
happy.
About 5 years ago the senior student counsel
had nominated me as an honorary alumni.
I went to Richland but I was dumb and didn't
graduate.
Another thing that makes me smile is that I have
been the topic of dinner conversations for a few
children and their families. Good conversation
at that. I love my job.
3 Responses
  1. A Lewis Says:

    Isn't it weird that we're STILL talking about teachers from the past....many, many years in the past, I'm afraid.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Most of my teachers are dead now. Some I'm glad to see go but others were nice. Guess which ones I learned the most from? ED


  3. Wonderful that you were such an inspiration to so many!
    I love the name "Cotton Patch Cafe" Love it!