Daytona & Pride

Sorry for getting the post up late this week but it's been a crazy week and only getting worse. Tomorrow afternoon we are heading over to Daytona so we can catch the truck race and be there for all the race activities they have going on for the 4th weekend. Besides I need 2 be there 2 give support to my friend he is dealing with a lot of shit right now. Funny one weekend I am doing pride and the next I am doing nascar kinda crazy huh? Anyhoo pride this past weekend was awesome we met some new friends and went 2 a few new clubs all in all what a good weekend. I don't think we stopped are pride until Monday morning we had all kinds of people over for some pool fun and some cookout. I was surprised with myself at the pride parade as much as I wanted 2 go up and get into it with them hate people and stick there signs up there asses I didn't say anything for I know that's what they wanted and I wasn't feeding the beast.

It just pisses me off that they use the bible 2 point fingers and 2 judge and if I'm not wrong I think it says not 2 judge others that was God's job. Seems a lot of theses so called Christians sure try 2 do God's job. I like that saying don't judge me and I won't judge you cause we all get judged in the end. Also live and let live is another good one. All I want is the say rights as everyone else that's all I want 2 know my partner has the same rights as married couples. If I get sick he has the right 2 come and see me or make medical chooses for me if I was unable. Right now we don't have that and it would great to have if. I don't need full marriage rights I would be fine with a partner type thing hell I can get married now if I want it just wouldn't be legal and what is marriage anyway just a piece of paper the state gives you. I just want the same rights as all Americans. Well that's enough preaching for today I'll leave you with some more pride pics and some fun around the home front. Also thanks for making Calvin feel at home but I knew you would coz my readers rock!
Later from Florida!
13 Responses
  1. Honey you are right "don't feed the beast, trolls etc".

    I wish your buddy luck at Daytona! I am still voting for him daily as Most Popular Driver!

    Enjoy Pride - you deserve it!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    So glad you had a good time. I wish I was there with a camera. ;)
    As to the haters:
    There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us. Ed


  3. You are right - pride and nascar - what a combination - but then again that's why we lurves ya!!!

    Have fun at the races - I miss the races!

    Sorry I haven't been around much lately - my world totally fell apart....I am just getting back to anything that resembles my former self - its a daily struggle. I haven't talked about it on my blog but if you want to know just email me - I just don't want to publicize it just yet.

    Hugs to you my friend - have a safe and HAPPY 4th of July!


  4. Madame X Says:

    What great pictures. Looks like you all were having a great time! Happy Fourth & HNT.


  5. Back in 2001-2002, we lived less than one block from Denver's Pridefest parade. Unfortunately, we haven't seen one even since we moved to the southeast part of town. Those parades are fun to watch even if you aren't a member of the GLBT community. Thanks for sharing those pics with everyone!


  6. Shibari Says:

    I love the shots... Looks like an AWESOME time...
    *smiles*


  7. Luka Says:

    Looks like a great time was had by all! And that's the key, of course - live your life, be happy and leave the haters to their joyless lot.

    HHNT!


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Sweetie, go ahead and download and complete a Living Will / Advance Directive for your state. My crazy mom just did one to make sure her even-crazier hetero husband didn't call the shots if she was incapacitated. You CAN have some rights, it just takes some extra paperwork.

    My sissy is in CA right now, marrying her girlfriend. So sorry she couldn't do it in FL.

    HHNT.


  9. Johanne Says:

    Seems to me like a pretty good time!!!
    HHNT!


  10. Lapis Ruber Says:

    I'm a bit late for HNT but can wish you Happy Fourth anyway!


  11. Martin O. Says:

    Gay Pride & NASCAR...makes me wonder...why doesn't some gay organization sponsor a rainbow painted gay pride race car?

    Sort of like this car:
    http://alloveralbany.com/images/Erin_in_the_fagbug.jpg

    This car belongs to a girl who had her car vandalized, but made it into a positive and has traveled around the US talking about tolerance. She's making a film about her story.
    Here's her site:
    http://www.fagbug.com/


  12. Laurie Says:

    hey sweetie! hope all is well
    there. i'm almost back home! long
    stress filled week.


    HUGS!!!!!


  13. Laurie Says:

    Hey Kiddo! I forgot to tell you
    PUT SOME PANTS ON! Also, cover that
    belly before I blow raspberrys on
    it!

    HUGS!!!!!