Dreams

I know of wrote about this before and will again I'm sure cause it just confuses the hell out of me. I'm talking about dreams it seems I have my far share of them and they seem to be crazy as hell too. I know people say if you eat before you go to bed that you will dream well that's not my case hell ya'll know I think food is overrated anyway. I wasn't drinking so rules that out also. So I don't know what sets my dreams off something does.

I know a lot of people can't remember what they dream or maybe only remember bits of it. Sometimes that's the case for me but most the time I can remember everything every little detail. Most the time it's something that has happen to me in the past but only difference is the outcome it totally different. Sometimes the outcome in my dream is better than it really happen sometimes it's worse.Ok so here it is last night I dreamed I was in 4th grade again with the same kids I grew up with that use to pick on me. The ones that made fun of my glasses my hearing aids that called me names. This is when I met my bff but before he came into my dream I was telling these people that I was no different than them all I wanted was to be loved and have some friends they told me that faggots don't have friends.

I remember telling them it wasn't nice to laugh at me make fun of me we were all the same. I remember this one kid Todd was his name punch me real hard my glasses fell over. The other kids laughing at me bent over from the pain. In walks my bff though I didn't know it at the time. He walked right up to Todd and punch him back.I remember him telling them if anyone messed with me again he would kick there ass. From that day on we were bff and still are to this day. Now here is where the dream comes in and confuses me. This all happen outside but in my dream this happen inside and when me and him walked outside there was like shooting rainbows in the sky almost like laser lights then this music was playing and we weren't kids but teenagers.

He looked at me and said Ryan someday everybody is going to love you and respect you. I said that will never happen he said yes it will but you have to change too. I said what do I need to change he said you know what you have to change. This is where it gets more confusing for me I don't know what that means is there something in my real life I need to change? Hell I don't know I'm so confused why do we dream? Damn!

Later!
5 Responses
  1. ryan field Says:

    I always thought dreams were a way of working things out in your subconscious mind. But sometimes it takes time and you have to go through a lot of dreams to get it all worked out.

    I had a dream about you once, Ryan...and no...it wasn't a dirty dream. We were flying...of all things. And I hate to fly...lol. But it was a good dream.


  2. elise Says:

    Maybe your dream was reminding you that in order to keep your true love, you'll have to get rid of certain bad behaviors, and be willing to grow and mature with your partner---these are good "changes"!


  3. naturgesetz Says:

    I've heard the same thing Ryan Field has about dreams, and elise might be right about what your subconscious mind is telling you in this one. But only you can decide for sure.

    Anyway, I wouldn't spent a lot of time trying to figure these dreams out. If you were seeing a psychiatrist or psychologist, it might be useful to ponder the dreams with him/her. He/she could guide your thinking about them. But if your subconscious is working things out anyway, maybe you don't need to do any more.


  4. Austin Says:

    During the day, your mind accumulates a lot of new data by, in a sense, just storing it anywhere: patterns are imposed on neurons seemingly at random for most of the information.

    At night, while you sleep, your brain does a kind of "defrag" or reorganization of the knowledge you picked up, quite literally changing and reforming neural connections to build associations and cross-references between different facts.

    Your dreams are really just the fallout from all this electrical activity. If you've been stressing over something or had a problem you've tried to work out during the day, it will have more connections that need to be organized and, thus, it may have more representation in the dream.

    That's why dreams seem coherent yet random. For example, homes you've lived in are all associated, neurally, so they're interchangeable in dreams: you might walk out of your old bedroom into your current kitchen. The dream's triggering off of associations, not logical structures, so it can mix and match different things from the same category.

    And you'd be surprised what you can associate together. That's where the small bit of legitimacy that "dream interpretation" comes from: helping the individual recognize potential associations that might not be conscious. Anyone who tells you it means something is usually wrong, though; it's all about what you think it means.


  5. jimm Says:

    I agree its about maturity. I know with hearing loss, maturity, with confidence, came later than norm for me.

    I would pretend I heard what ppl were saying to me, when actually I was completely lost in the conversation. Too much of that faking it left me too far behind everyone around me. I would be projecting a false image of confidence.

    I like Austin's comment!