Dixie Chicks 'Long Way' Nests In At # 1


For the third time in their career, the Dixie Chicks roost on the top of The Billboard 200. The Columbia album "Taking the Long Way" tallied 526,000 copies in its first week of U.S. sales, according to Nielsen SoundScan, the trio's best-selling week since 2002's "Home" debuted with 780,000.

And while country radio has remained cool to the group in the wake of a 2003 boycott following comments group member Natalie Maines made about President Bush, "Taking the Long Way" also nabs the No. 1 spot on the Country Albums chart, bumping Rascal Flatts' "Me and My Gang" (Lyric Street/Hollywood) down to No. 2 after seven weeks at the top.

Billboard Story Here
May 31, 2006, 10:55 AM ET
Katie Hasty, N.Y.

Well can you say "How You Like Me Now" I find this whole Dixie Chick thing a little dumb if you ask me. I am a fan of them yes so I will defend them. I ask what am I defending? Are they not Americans? I think they have a right to speak their mind just as everyone else does and they did and people come down on them for it. Now that's bullshit. What they said wasn't that bad and now more than 50% of Americans agree with them. I know I sure do Bush sucks!

They are coming to Atlanta on October 17th Phillips Arena baby and we belong to the Ticket Master Club so mom got our tickets on the 23 of May. They went on sale to the public today so yeah we got great seats!

Later from Atlanta.
0 Responses