Oh No A Sports Post!!

The sport I get into most is Nascar then second would be the NFL. Another sport I follow is college football especially when my West Virginia Mountaineers are doing good. So far this season there unbeaten with a 5-0 record. The only place there getting beat is in the polls. There ranked #5 in the polls which is not bad but get this. The Florida Gators were below them in the polls,barely beat LSU and jumped 3 spots to get ahead of WV. My team whipped Mississippi State 45-14 and didn't go anywhere in the polls. Thats crap to me. I think WV should have moved up probably one spot to 4 and Florida move up to 5 but to #2 no way. I know what it is schools like Florida, Ohio State, and USC live on their past reputations. USC has been barely beating their opponents this year but yet their high up in the polls. Im surprised that the people who make the polls don't have Notre Dame and Miami in the top 5. West Virginia's not use to being high in the polls so they get the short end of the stick. I just hope we can go unbeaten the rest of the year. Then maybe they'll get the respect they deserve.

Ive got sort of a odd question and I was wondering if any of our readers knew how it started. Ive always wondered where the tradition of pouring champagne over ones head started when you win a big sporting event. They do it in everything even Nascar. Why do you have to pour alcohol on yourself when you accomplish something. Maybe its because I was raised around alcoholics but I just don't get it. What would happen if say the superstar on a team was really religous and didn't want to be soaked in alcohol, would they still do it. Im not religous at all but if I was in a situation like that I wouldn't allow it to be poured on me. Call me a jerk or a party pooper whatever. Ive been around alcohol all while I was growing up and don't touch the stuff and wouldn't allow it to be done to me.


I got some great news coming next week and it don't have anything to do with me moving either. But you'll have to wait till next week for that. Let's just say its real juicy:)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
0 Responses