My Dad

I was moved last night by my Dad he came up 2 my room 2 check on me. Let me go back a little so this all comes out right. Mikey don't like sitting around like he is using my parents I told him it was ok coz he really is helping Mom by takin care of me. That means she can go 2 work and not worry bout me so much. Well he ask Mom the other day if she needed help at her job with me not being there being short 1 person. Mikey said he could take my place until I am well enough 2 come back. She took him in with her 2 help out. My Dad was impressed with Mikey takin steps 2 help without being ask.

So back 2 my original thought Dad came up 2 my room see how I was feeling. He then started 2 tell me how he was impressed with Mikey and how they been getting alone. Mikey helped him round up a couple horses that got out of the gates the other day. He told me he wasn't sure about this gay thing before but he can see now there is no different then the way he feels about Mom. He said he can see the love and care in Mikey's eyes when it comes 2 me. He told me all he wants is 4 me 2 b happy and he can see that Mikey does that. He also told me that he is a great choice! I was like totally taken away with what he told me and yes ya'll know me I cried.

I know I haven't said it on here and don't say it enough but Dad thanx so much 4 all u have done 4 me. I heard this song and when I first hear it didn't do much for me now I understand it. So Dad this one is for you! I love you!

Daddy's been a back-row Baptist,
With his share of front-row sin.
His Saturday night still on his breathe,
Every Sunday when he'd walk in.
He's never led the Benediction,
He's never sang in the choir.
But he's an angel with no halo,
An' one wing in the fire.

Mamma lives by the Bible,
The Bible lives by the bed.
An' she's lied alone so many nights,
With scriptures in her head.
Prayin': "Good Lord, just be with him,
"I know his Faith is tired,
"But he's an angel with no halo,
"An' one wing in the fire."

"An' I know he lives a little left of livin' right,
"An he's come close to goin' way to far a few times.
"But I'd trade a thousand prayers if just one prayer would come true:
"Lord, please believe in him, like I believe in you."

Daddy's always been there for me,
From T-Ball to touchdowns.
Fixed my car an' fixed my heart,
When they've been broken down.
I know he calls for more forgiveness,
Than most folks do require,
But he's an angel with no halo,
An' one wing in the fire.

An' I know he lives a little left of livin' right,
An he's come close to goin' way to far a few times.
But I'd trade a thousand prayers if just one prayer would come true:
Lord, please believe in him, like I believe in you.

Well, I just can't imagine,
What Heaven might be like.
If me an' Mamma make it,
Without Daddy by our side.
Lord, could you please remember,
When it's time to call us higher:
That he's an angel with no halo,
An' one wing in the fire.

song by Trent Tomlinson


Later from Atlanta!
0 Responses