Sad Nascar News

Benny Parsons, a taxi driver who became a NASCAR champion in 1973, died Tuesday from lung-cancer complications, his son Keith said. He was 65.


Bobby Hamilton, the 2004 Craftsman Truck Series champion and a four-time winner in the Cup Series, died Sunday January 7 He was 49.


I never had a chance 2 meet Bobby but last year at the Atlanta track I got 2 meet Benny he was such a nice guy the thing that took me by surprise was the fan base he still had and hadn't been in a race car since a year after I was born. That was 1988 last time he drove for those that didn't know what year I was born. He stood there and signed everything everyone had and did not leave until everyone was happy first class guy in my book. You will both will be missed around the track I am sure. Prayers go out 2 there families.

I have a great Idea for a post I will run by ya'll tomorrow or Thursday right now it's almost time 4 American Idol.

Later from Atlanta.
0 Responses