I'd Be Better Off

I woke up this morning feeling a bit sad then I did some of my normally web surfing and read something that even mad me sadder. Last few days I been on cloud nine but I know it anit meant 2 last. Hell look my record I truly believe I am not meant 2 be happy. Anyway I heard this song and it just about says what I feel so please for give but I am gonna put up the lyrics I know it drives some of you crazy but it's how I feel and I can't say it any better.

Later!

I said the night you left me,
Nothin' worse could ever happen,
But seeing you with someone else proved that I was wrong.
And when your eyes met mine,
I knew that you were gone forever,
Along with all the reasons , I had for hanging on.
I'd be better off in a pine box,
On a slow train back to Georgia,
Or in the grey walls of a prison doing time.
I think I'd rather die,
And go to hell and face the devil,
Than to lie here with you and him together on my mind.

I always thought that someday,
We might get back together.
I just thought you needed time to spread your wings and fly.
But when I saw the lovin' way,
You held onto each other,
It was all that I could do, not to break right down and cry.

I'd be better off in a pine box,
On a slow train back to Georgia,
Or in the grey walls of a prison doing time.
I think I'd rather die,
And go to hell and face the devil,
Than to lie here with you and him together on my mind.

I'd be better off in a pine box,
On a slow train back from Georgia,
Or in the grey walls of a prison doing time.
I think I'd rather die,
And go to hell and face the devil,
Than to lie here with you and him together on my mind.

I can't lie here with you and him together on my mind


By Doug Stone.
11 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oh Ryan, don't be so dramatic. And let's cut the "I'm just not meant to be happy" crap. You can be happy if you CHOOSE to be. Stop letting other people determine your "happiness level." Stop thinking that you *must* be in a relationship to "be happy." You don't.

    You should know by now that NOTHING lasts forever, not you and Aaron, not you and Mikey...nothing, not even your mom and dad. So stop worrying so much about the future. Just enjoy each and every day as the blessing it is. If you're able to share it...this day, today, right now...with someone special, great! But tomorrow is guaranteed to no one.

    Sorry to break it to you, man.

    (Oh, and please stop listening to country music. It's too depressing!)


  2. Mr. Urs Says:

    Amen Bob (and not in an ironic sort of way). Thank you very much for reminding us.


  3. Uncle Gerry Says:

    I agree with Bob, happiness happens when you choose to be happy, so choose to be happy and get on with it, life is too short to worry yourself to death over things you cannot control. Bob is right also about that country music, way too depressing. Cheer up, in the words of an old song "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with". hug hug kiss kiss


  4. A Lewis Says:

    Bob is so right on....knock off the country music! Talk about wrist slasher. And this shit about "I'm not meant to be happy" is nothing but crap.....knock it off. I'll come down there are kick some southern booty if you don't. YOU'RE IN TOTAL CONTROL OF YOU...dont' forget. No one, and no situation, is.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Ryan my dear friend, I feel the same way, I feel like I never get happy and when I do something happens, but in my life I try to be happy and for the most part I am. Single and sometimes feel worthless, but I know I have my friends and they make me happy. I am happy for myself with being around my friends, because they tend to be around more that boyfriends anyway. They help you through alot and stand by your side when your lover does not. Hang in there my friend. You will always have me. *hugs to you*


  6. Anonymous Says:

    If love never lasts forever tell me what's forever for? Ryan, you are a sensitive soul. You care too much about others. I'm like that myself. We worry about everything. My two cents: Nobody's perfect. I'm not perfect. you're not perfect. Aaron's not perfect. Mom and DAd are not perfect.
    There is so much good in the worst of us and so much bad in the best of us that it behooves any of us to find any fault with the rest of us.


  7. You'll be happy and you'll be sad and everything else in between. Chin up honey. You're having a bad day.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Ryan, its time you guys quit playing games and sit down and talk about your relationship.

    As an active reader of your blog and now Mikes... Its very appearent that you guys still care alot for each other.

    Time away is a good thing and always will give you insight to what you really love. He writes something then you return with something else. Much like a cat and mouse game. I really think there is a connection and a need to look at the larger picture.

    Best of luck to both of you guy. True LOVE ONLY KNOCKS ONCE!

    Many Hugs,
    BIGBOYMARK


  9. Laurie Says:

    Sweetie,

    You know.

    Love you forever.

    P.s. talk to the one you need too.


  10. Willow Says:

    Everyone's entitled to a pity party every now and then (and lord knows I've had my share of them). But then you get up, pick up the pieces, or just start fresh.

    And if it's a recurring theme in your life, there's help for that. Don't ever think that talking to someone about feeling depressed is shameful. You'd be surprised what wonders it can do. It's a real biologic thing - not just "oh I feel a little blue."


  11. Anonymous Says:

    Doug Stone, eh? You should at least be happy you've got good taste :)

    Your post makes me think about how they ought to put warning labels on those sad country songs.