When The Children Cry

Yesterday me and Corey were out having lunch when I got a phone call from a friend in Atlanta. He was very upset and crying I was trying 2 get him 2 calm down so I could understand why he was so upset. He told me his boyfriend was gone. I didn't understand what he meant by gone then he finally told me that the night before they broke up and sometime in the same night his boyfriend killed himself. I was lost for words I for once didn't know what 2 say. So I am back in Atlanta here for my friend 4 as long as he needs me. I was up most the night with him. I don't understand what can make a 21 year old boy think life is not worth living. This has me so sad I just don't understand. On the way up here we had on Sirius satellite radio and this song came on it was so sad but had some truth 2 it I feel I need 2 post it. I will have more info on this as I can let it out.

Sad in Atlanta!

Little child
Dry your crying eyes
How can I explain
The fear you feel inside
cause you were born
Into this evil world
Where man is killing man
and no one knows just why

What have we become
Just look what we have done
All that we destroyed
You must build again

When the children cry
Let them know we tried
cause when the children sings
The new world begins

Little child
You must show the way
To a better day
For all the young
cause you were born
For the world to see
That we all can live
In light and peace

No more presidents
And all the wars will end
One united world under god

When the children cry
Let them know we tried
cause when the children sings
The new world begins

What have we become
Just look what we have done
All that we destroyed
You must build again

No more presidents
And all the wars will end
One united world under god

When the children cry
Let them know we tried
cause when the children fight
Then we know it ain´t right
When the children break
Let them know we´re awake
´cause when the children sings
The new world begins

By White Lion
12 Responses
  1. Uncle Gerry Says:

    I am glad you are there for your friend but truly saddened by the event that caused you to be there. Until there is equality in this world, our young GLBT yout will continue to kill themselves rather than living in this world. So sad but so true. My heart goes out to your friend. Love to all.


  2. So sorry....


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Ryan, you will never get an answer to the question why someone would take their own life. Don't look for the answer, you will never find it.

    I am so sorry to hear about what happened. Be careful Ryan, you are not equipped to deal with what your friend is going through, be there for him, but you need to encourage your friend to get professional help. In most cities the service is free.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I have been in the same place in my past. More than once I held a loaded gun to my head. I now have no guns around me. I look back and think how glad I am I didn't go through with it. Guilt and shame can be so overwhelming. You are such a good friend to those around you. A big bear hug for you to pass along to those who need it.


  5. I am sorry to hear about your friend's grief. Big bear hugs from MN. You are a good friend!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Dear Ryan--My heart also goes out to your friend, and please, please, take Carl's very wise advice. Your love and suppport for your friend is truly important, but he will also need professional care.

    Hugs and prayers...


  7. So sad, so very very sad.


  8. Laurie Says:

    That's the sort of thing that happens
    when they are told they are worthless. Your friend may not of told him that but the boys parents teachers and maybe even peers did. I was told I was worthless by my parents, my second grade teacher (I was the only one she treated bad.)and peers. Things happen. That is why I want to be there for my son, friends and students.
    I'm so sorry that happened though.
    My love and thoughts are with your friend.

    HUGS ALWAYS!


  9. jimm Says:

    My best friend from my teen years offed himself with a shotgun. So I know how devastating it all feels.

    All I can offer is this, my friends decision wasn't made on a whim as some would have me believe. No. It was in his mind for quite a while.

    Afterwards, I messed up my own life for a few years, as I couldn't come to terms with what he did. In the end, I figured he just couldn't VOICE his frustrations. And that is why he lost it.

    Everybody out there, pay ATTENTION!

    You gotta TALK! You gotta LISTEN! You gotta FEEL!


  10. Anonymous Says:

    All too often, so many young people kill themselves as away to escape the problems they are dealing with. No one knows why, they leave all of us that has gone through with something of this nature to wonder what could I have done different? The truth of the matter is, that in most cases their isnt anything we could have done to prevent them from killing theirselves. We are only human and in most cases we have friends we can talk to, to relieve the stress, your friends boyfriend evidently felt like he didnt have anyone to talk to so therefore he killed hisself to ease the pain of being lonely and sad. Its a story I heard all the time working with kids that were or was experiencing something of this nature.
    Carl was correct in what he said, you will never get an answer as to why he killed hisself. There are so many reasons behind everyones actions and yet no one can tell you the answers that you seek. I have struggled over the years, with questions that linger still to this day on why my father killed hisself 16 years ago. I was only 9 years old when the police came to the door, expecting my father for our trip i rushed to the door just to find the police. I will never forget that moment in my life, but I have quit trying to figure out why he killed hisself.
    I went through my own bouts with attepting to kill myself, and right before of actually doing it, something told me no, i had more to live for. I dont know of any cheery words to say Ryan, except be there for your friend, show him that you care, but whatever you do, dont try to take this burden upon yourself to figure out why he did it. It will only lead to heartache and stress with no answers to the questions he seeks, or you seek. Its a saying ym grandma still today says when she is busy doing something and I quote. " I am going to finish this no matter what, I am not going to stop till every page in the book is turned." Well in this case, if you turn every page it will still lead you into questions you have no answers. A sequel with a huge cliff hanger, not knowing what is going to happen. So I will leave off with that, and say please take care of yourself. Peace, love and Harmony to you and your friend.


  11. Anonymous Says:

    I have a young friend (19) who took his life in late August, mainly because of feelings of worthlessness.

    He was called a loser by an ex-friend and he took it seriously.

    He was so sweet and talented, and everyone is reeling from this.

    We'll never know the whole story... just support your fried in every way possible. It's the only way to get him through this.


  12. Sexy Duet Says:

    My 37 year old brother took his own life three weeks ago - although I know we will never know why, it doesnt stop me asking the same question every day and wondering what I could have done to have helped him (this is called survivor guilt).

    Losing someone in this way is incredibly hard to deal with but you being there for your friend will be a help. You and your friend are in our thoughts.

    Ms SD