Words & HNT

Why is it people get there rocks off making fun of others? I don't get this and I have 2 be honest I am guilty of it myself. Course I have been called faggot, queer, and a lot worse but I'm not talking about that. Just maybe way a person looks or dresses or like with me last night the way a person talks. Everyone who knows me knows I am a southern boy born and breed and damn proud of it. It just strikes me funny when someone starts talking with me they get this look on there face and then soon after they ask oh btw where you from Kentucky? I say no why? I already know the answer 2 this question I just want 2 make them say it. Well that draw you have or they say that hillbilly voice. Well I am very proud of my southern draw and my hillbilly voice and I speak it proud. Now this don't really upset me as much as being harassed for being picked on coz im gay. Still we as humans make fun of other people for silly reasons and we make that person maybe feel bad about themselves. I just think it's wrong we need 2 stop all this and just love each other no matter what coz being different is what makes us unique. I'm starting today!

HHNT Later!
15 Responses
  1. Carl Says:

    I agree with you 100%. We may not be able to change the world, but we can change ourselves even if it is only one person, we are making a difference.

    I challenge you and the readers to go one step further...don't just stop making fun of others, but when you hear one of your "friends" say something, stop them too.

    It is fun to joke around and we all do it, but don't hurt others to get a laugh.

    I really like Southern English.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    You're right in every way. I'm the kind of girl who loves everybody.

    I guess growing up in the Bible belt with a baby at an early age taught me a hard life lesson.

    Words can hurt.

    Anyhoo. I adore your picture!!
    HHNT!


  3. Uncle Gerry Says:

    I also agree, there is enough hate, let's all love one another. I like the pic, you boys can never keep your clothes on, can you? Love to all..


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I've been told I sound queer when I talk. In High School the ridicule was almost unbearable. I wished I was dead every mnorning. Now I still don't like it but I shrug it off and reply, "So do you!" Ed


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Amen, Ryan......I never bought into the "sticks and stones" adage, because words HAVE hurt me, many times.

    Thank you for reminding us to be more aware of what we say to, and in front of, others, especially kids---they start repeating our bad words and habits even before they understand the meanings.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Say, Ryry, aren't you guys afraid that a shark will bite your Weenie off? Ed


  7. You know i'm a little guilty of making fun also via the FUG I someetimes post. Even they are totally unaware of it.

    I know it's wrong, I don't really mean any harm but it DOES harm. Good food for thought.


  8. Don't let the speech snobs get you down. Happy HNT anniversary!


  9. Laurie Says:

    Oh Honey :( You know how I sound.
    People always make fun of the way
    I talk. When they ask where I'm
    from I say I'm from my parents.
    Also that I was born in a hospital
    in NY.
    That gets them everytime.

    I love your voice and would listen
    to you talk about ANYTHING forever.

    I loves you!!!

    HUGS!!


  10. A Lewis Says:

    Didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you.....I've been painfully absent from blogging lately. But you're still, and will always be, my friend.


  11. Polt Says:

    Is that their swimsuits??? hehehe.

    Since this was a 3 week, i thought we might all 3 of you in an HNT. But 2 outta 3 ain't bad is it? :)

    HUGS and HAPPY HNT!


  12. Ashly Star Says:

    Good for you! I hope you start today and keep it up everyday. I personally hate when people assume that I'm a moron just because I'm from Texas or just because I speak with a Southern accent. I have just learned to ignore people who do that. Getting upset or mad over anything like that just validates them and what they're doing. It annoys them right back if you just grin and ignore them. =) Happy HNT! Have a great day!


  13. Johanne Says:

    You make plenty of sense but respect is not a value very present in our world, sadly...;-(
    Anyway... HHNT!


  14. jimm Says:

    my speech gets really bad, especially when im tired. and ppl mock me all the time. i'd rather not talk.


  15. Anonymous Says:

    You can certainly tell that you learned to write and spell in the south. It's drawl, honey.