It Won't Be The Last

The first time I laid eyes on you I knew it must be love
From the moment you first spoke to me you were all I could think of
The first time we were together oh the time just went so fast
I recall when you first kissed me I said it won't be the last

Now it's the first time that I call our house to find out it's unplugged
It's the first time I reach out for you but you're not there to find
And it's the first time that I call your name to realize it was the past
It's the first time that you broke my heart but it won't be the last

When I think back on yesterday being in your loving arms
Like the dreams that we let slip away the memories live on
And I pray to God for answers to all the questions that I have
Another night of missing you but it won't be the last

Cause it's the first time that I call our house to find out it's unplugged
It's the first time I reach out for you but you're not there to find
And it's the first time that I call your name to realize it was the past
It's the first time that you broke my heart but it won't be the last
6 Responses
  1. Laurie Says:

    Talk to me Baby Boy. I'm here and
    you know just how much I love you.

    HUGS!!!!!!!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hey Ryan, that is a beautiful poem. Is that the lyrics to a song? The only people who can really hurt us are those we love the best. The only way to not ever have your heart broken is to never love anybody. From "The Rose" by Bette Midler: "It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to bend and the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live". Live.laugh.Love. Hugs and Kisses--Ed


  3. Anonymous Says:

    dude u gotta realize that a fuck is just a fuck an just cause he hits ur HOT SPOT ever time an u can cum without even touchin urself it dont mean its love! getta grip buddy an remember its ONLY SEX not love.

    matt


  4. sillyboi Says:

    My dear friend, I dont pretend to know the meaning of your poem, nor do I know the reasons behind it. I can only speculate on the meaning behind it and the reasons for writing it. Hugs to you in this time. Know I am there for you and I will be there just gotta reach out.. The Poem itself is very beautiful, I just wish that we wouldnt have to heard about it in your words on what you are going through. *hugs* Call me if you need me.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    "remember its ONLY SEX not love"

    Amen honey!

    The sooner you realize this sooner you'll stop getting your heart crushed every few weeks.


  6. Is it a song?
    Methinks this is not just a recent person or a regular sexual encounter but a past love...

    Hugs honey!