I Also Have A Dream

Seems like I always have so much 2 talk about but things I want 2 talk about always takes a backseat coz something else comes up like now. I wanted to talk about last weekend and the car wreck but now it seems like small matters 2 what's going on now and what I am thinking. I'm talking about Obama and his win. There was no secret I was for Hillary but it wasn't her time so I went with the next best thing and that was Obama I am happy he won and being the first black American President is awesome wishing him the best and I think he will do a great job. Many people fought hard and long and many have died so he can one day run and get elected and now there deaths weren't in vain.

There fight may be over but mine isn't and still goes on. Tuesday my rights in many states were set back a few steps. I am proud to be an American but it also saddens me that I don't have equal right as other Americans. Why is this I believe there are 2 main reasons first it's religion and the 2nd is just fear. I am not here to preach and say bad things about religion for I do believe in God and the cross and all but I don't believe God made a mistake when he made me and I am made in his eyes or however it goes. I don't believe in the American bible yes I said that I believe it was translated wrong and there is proof of that and American churches use the bible as a way to hate and make it right look at Fred Phelps. Fear I think people are scared of what they don't know and stereotypes the way gay people have been seen in public sometimes I think scares people and the fear of being hit on by the same sex I think plays a role.

Look I don't know everything hell I don't know much I just see things and try 2 write what I feel I am happy for Obama and for his race finally they can be happy and finally all the hell and death they went through finally paid off. I am waiting on my day as many of my gay brothers and sisters are. I am proud to be an American but I want to be proud to be a Gay American. I'm not asking for anything that different than what the rest of America has all I am asking for is equal rights. I want the right to love who I choose and I want that person to have a right to come in and visit me in the hospital and make decisions about my health if I can't I want them to have whatever I have if I didn't make it back home if I had a retirement fund they should be allowed to keep it. There have been many Gay Americans die all for equal rights and one day and I hope I see the day that they didn't die in vain. I hope ya'll get what I'm trying to say.

About the car wreck the car looks worse than we did I didn't get hurt at all Daniel didn't either other than he has to get a new car but Mom made us go 2 the hospital anyway and get checked out. We were coming back from lunch and a guy ran a red light and we hit him. Oh did I say he was talking no he was yelling at his wife on the phone and wasn't paying attention. Even after the wreck he was still on the phone yelling at her telling her it was her fault that she coz the wreck. I am like omfg dude stfup!
Later from Florida!
9 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    The Bible can be interpreted however one wishes. It was used to keep Slavery alive for many years because of the line: Servants obey your masters. But that wasn't condoning slavery. The servants were cooks and hired field workers and indentured people not slaves. The Bible book of leviticus says that for a man to have sex with another man is an abomination. Only thing is that book was for the Jewish people only and when Jesus came he changed it. He said, "Behold I make all things new". Jesus never spoke against being Gay. It is not mentioned in the Ten Commandments. Jesus said, "How can you love God whom you have not seen, if you hate your fellow man whom you have seen".
    On the topic of states voting to limit the rights of GAys, those same laws can be used as a precednet to limit everybodies rights. It is dangerous to change a consitution to deny rights because freedom must be guaranteed not limited.
    dAmn, Ryan that car looks bad, God was watching out for you because he loves even gays. ed


  2. Anonymous Says:

    In a secular state, the Bible should not even come into play when it comes to making laws. Our nation was *not* founded on "Christian principles," although all of our founding fathers believed in a divine "Creator." But so do many non-Christian religions.

    Yes, we have been dealt a set back here in Florida and other states. Perhaps Obama will advance the cause of equal rights; who would know better than him about prejudice and bigotry and fairness?

    And Ryan, if it was me who got rammed by a guy on a cell phone, I can assure you that he would have eaten it (one hole or another, it would not have mattered to me) and I would be in front of a judge, charged with assault. I seriously would have kicked his ass right then and there. And I would have let his wife hear it. Sue the bastard for everything he's worth. Subpoena the cellphone records so you can prove he was talking on it at the time of the crash. I ride a motorcycle; the thought of this happening to me is frightening.

    I'm glad you're okay.

    Let the angry Repubs rant and rave for a bit. They'll eventually calm down. Then we can all move forward together into a brighter future, with PRESIDENT Obama leading the way.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Fear. That's all it is. Fear is the tools of all large entities ... religious, governmental and corporate. As long as we, the free American people - the free GAY American people continue to let others feed us inaccurate information and not think for ourselves or fight for ourselves or come out of the closet and mostly THINK for ourselves fear and the organizations that use it will continue to thrive.

    I have built 35 GLBT websites as part of my company the Q Netwerk - www.q-netwerk.com as a way for us to be educated and to educate. Being gays isn't just about sex .. its about being a different race, a different people.

    We read books (q-literature.com) we watch movies (q-cinema.com) we listen to music (q-radio.net) and we live everywhere (q-communities.com).

    The right, the ignorant, the religious, those that live in fear believe things about us because of the fears instilled in them by the people that want to control them.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    PS. I love kissing! Go to my new website and add your kissing photos!

    www.ratemygaykiss.com


  5. jimm Says:

    Ryan, the reason they put gay rights issues on the voting agenda is cuz nothing brings out the far right religious voters more than gay issues. its a ploy to get those ppl to vote.

    As a nation, we are beginning to embrace our diversity. We are not quite there yet, but it will happen.

    Its good to see you guys still have a heartbeat after that accident!!!


  6. Kitmin Says:

    Dear Ryan,

    I am new to your blog. I also feel so devastated about the news from CA, AK, FL, and AZ. (And I live in Texas, good Lord!) The point I want to make to anyone who happens to read this is that the fight for same sex marriage is not merely a "gay or lesbian issue" -- NO, it should be a matter of concern to EVERY person who claims to value liberty, freedom, and equality in this country. To deny such a basic human right to one group of people goes against everything that America claims to stand for: "that all Men are created equal." [Okay, so I'm a girl, but I get the picture... :)] No matter your sexual orientation (or religion), this blatant discrimination is YOUR concern, and it should spur you to raise your voices!

    I have so much faith that we will win this fight! Maybe I sound overly idealistic by saying that, but then again, look at the civil rights movement(s) of the 50s and 60s. And look at how, gradually, people of ALL races started marching in support of civil rights for African Americans and Hispanics. Something that may seem so impossible can be achieved.

    And I feel so hopeful when I remember Obama's speech on Tuesday. He said: "It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled — Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of red states and blue states; we are, and always will be, the United States of America." (I don't think there's ever been a politician who's had the courage to include "gay" in their victory speech!)

    Ryan, do not despair. Please don't ever stop wearing your heart on your sleeve. I've always worn my heart on my sleeve, and yes, now in my early 30s, I've been through the emotional meat grinder more than I can say. But damn it, we are not turtles -- we're humans! And to live as a full, vibrant human being takes courage! So bring it on, baby! :)

    Love,
    Kito


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Hey Ryan--I, too, believe in God, although my specific religious beliefs differ from yours in some respects (I am Jewish)---and I truly believe that gays are blessed and loved by God. I am deeply saddened by the anti-gay rights votes this past Tuesday.

    Those bigots are messing with fundamental civil rights and freedoms, and it really pisses me off!

    President-elect Obama (that sounds SO GOOD!!!) has a lot on his plate, but I feel confident that he will eventually get involved in gay rights issues and fight for long-overdue changes.

    Politics and liberties aside, I'm very upset by the photo of the car, and so very grateful that you and your friend are ok! You've got to stop scaring me, sweetie!

    Please have a safe and happy weekend...sending you extra hugs..


  8. Being a catholic, I have my own views and opinions on the bible and personally I agree with Ryan. I believe people (in the christian religion) try to use the bible as a way to attack something they don't understand. Fear is what lies underneath this of course. What I have learned from being a chrisitan is that god teaches about love, not hate.

    As for Obama winning, I believe this is what I have waited for a long time. Being a mixed latino, I am proud to have FINALLY a man of color as president. Its amazing how 40+ yrs ago the civil rights amendment was passed and blacks and latino's were givin the right to vote. The only thing I am concerned about is will this president help the nation or make us suffer more than we are now.


  9. Anonymous Says:

    All I could say to these biblethumpers is to get down from their crosses because somebody needs the wood.

    Regarding with the car accident it looks nasty but the good thing is that you guys are just safe.