Another Angel Called Home

I know for those that have followed my blog for the past 5 years remember me talking about my childhood and it being not so good when it comes to school and classmates. I was always the one pick on or being made fun of coz of hearing aids, glasses, braces ya name it and I got picked on or beat up. I didn't like school much even through high school I didn't care for it even though in high school things were better. Reason for me writing about this and bringing up old wounds again is there were always a few people that went an extra mile to make my life a little better back then.

This post is for my elementary school bus driver Janet I found out yesterday she passed away. When I was in first grade I was being bullied on her bus and she seen what was going on and she stop the bus and stopped them boys and moved me right behind her and from that day on it was my seat. She used to tell me that I was the cutest little boy and was gonna be very special man someday. She always seem to try to build my ego up and when I was having a bad day she knew and always cheered me up.

I remember when she was driving there was this road that the bus would drive over and it had a bump in it and the boys would be in the back and when she hit that bump the kids would jump off there seat from the bump and I could see them in the mirror and it always looked like fun. She must have seen me looking at them and when everyone off the bus one day she went down that road again stop the bus and looked at me and said go sit back there and she went down that road and hit that bump and I went off my seat and in the air and it was so fun. She did that a lot for me I didn't know why then until years later when I seen her at a store and I told her thanks so much for making things easy for me.

I stayed in touch with her and just talked with her about a month ago. I knew she was sick I told her I would love to see her but she knew I was dealing with shit also. Her husband called and told us she passed away Friday. He's not having services coz they didn't have any kids. So I want to say on here Janet thank you for being my friend thanks for all you did for me and for being there. Janet you made my so unhappy childhood a little better and I want to thank for that. When it's my time to meet you again I want you to pick me up in the yellow school bus. I love you Janet rest now your work on earth is done.
8 Responses
  1. Seth Says:

    That made me cry. Sometimes the smallest things a person does can have such intense and positive meaning years later. Glad she was able to bring some sunshine to your life back then.


  2. Chuck Says:

    What a great story, Ryan! I'm sorry to hear of the loss, but I'm sure she and her family are proud of leaving a memory like that.


  3. ryan field Says:

    That was a really nice post, Ryan.

    There have been times when you've made me smile and you've cheered me up, and you didn't even know it.


  4. naturgesetz Says:

    Tears in my eyes too, May God bless Janet and give her everlasting joy in his presence.


  5. naturgesetz Says:

    Tears in my eyes too, May God bless Janet and give her everlasting joy in his presence.


  6. Usually it’s not that easy to make my eyes moist, you have just done it. I’m glad there were angels in your life and I’m sure they are still there. It will happen a lot in your life before, but in that hour we all have to expect, you know it will be someone on that place waiting on you in a yellow school bus to pick you up and that’s something comforting.


  7. elise Says:

    I am also crying...that was a truly beautiful tribute, Ryan. I just know that for every moment of comfort Janet gave you, you gave her something special back, which she treasured.

    Stories like this are why I still have hope for the world.

    Bless you both...


  8. Wow, it would have been awesome to have met this woman. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, she sounds like an awesome person. Life is so damn interesting isn't it?

    Ill defintely pray for her. Call me sometimes cutie! Ide love to talk with you and possibly enjoy a big conversation.

    Love ya buddy,
    your lil guardian angel