I'm on the highway to hell

Last night we decided at the last second to head downtown to the street fair. What the do is take main street and a block of it and shut it down at 5pm until 3am. They have vendors and bands people selling stuff and Santa Claus just all kinds of fun stuff for a semi small town. Anyway after dinner the boys decided they wanted to go we were just going to let them go but Kadin was like we should go too. So off we went to the street fair. It was really cool all decorated up for Christmas had a Santa land for the kids coffee cart with hot coco. The air had a bite in it so felt more like Christmas than anytime this year.

I was like so in the Christmas spirit seeing all the kids having fun with Santa and people just happy. Now if we could bottle this feeling up and sell it. Just like anywhere else just takes one idiot to screw things up right? I was overcome with joy I was holding Kadin's hand while the Christmas music was playing and watching the kids in Santa land. This lady said to us you boys are on the highway to hell. Kadin said excuse me what did you say? The lady said your on the highway to hell. I knew what she was talking about Kadin didn't get it at first until she went into preaching and bashing us for being gay.

There were some other people standing where we were that heard what was going on. The one that bother me was this big dude look like he was 6'6 maybe 300 pounds big leather jacket on biker type. This guy scared the shit out of me when he spoke up I was getting ready to run and pull Kadin with me when he look at that lady and told her to shut the fuck up that them boys are not hurting you or anybody. A few other people spoke up and said basically the same thing. Ok me and Kadin both in shock by this point these people were taking our part. Now don't get me wrong there was a few on her side too.

When it was over I ask the big dude if we could buy him a cup of coffee. He told us no said he just don't like people like that. He told us he believes in live and let live and we didn't do anything wrong. Wish more people were like him. He then said don't worry about sister christian that she's just confused cause were all on the highway to hell just up to make a turn before we get there. I was damn this big dude made a great point and I just had to blog about it. So I ask ya'll wanna ride on that highway to hell with me? I promise I'll make a turn before we get all the way there!

AC/DC Said it best......
Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
10 Responses
  1. naturgesetz Says:

    Really glad it turned out the way it did. The big dude basically got it right. It's all about making that U turn before it's too late. And it's something everybody needs to do.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    The trouble with this is that you never know when the sharp curve is coming. It is all a result of stinking thinking. Bear with me. Being Gay is NOT a sin. You do not have to get off the highway before you die because God made the path for you to follow. If it wasn't for God their wouldn't be any Gay people. In the Old Testament of the Bible it says that Jonathan loved David more than a man loves a woman. In the New Testament the young man John called himself the disciple that Christ loved and sat next to Him at supper, laying his head in Jesus' lap after dinner. The scriptures declaring Homosexuality to be wrong were writtnen by men such as Moses who made up a lot of Jewish laws that nobody keeps anymore. And Paul who had his own personal opinions such as Women should keep quiet in church and nobody should drink any water but a little wine for the stomahs sake. I agree with him about a little wine. Merry Christmas all and no matter what you've heard, Jesus loves ALL his children. ed


  3. Anonymous Says:

    DANG!!! You should have told the
    ole biddy to save you a seat! LOL!
    That would have been the first
    words out of my mouth to her...

    People are so ready to preach the
    parts of the bible that suit
    them...But none are willing to
    live by them...

    HUGS!!!!

    Laurie


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Ryan that was just so cool - there are still good people out there - I'm glad the big dude wasn't a homaphobe I think I would have been shaking in my boots to and that was a great line he came up with. Hope you, Kadin and the boys have a great Xmas.
    Regards Stef.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I know now there isn't a Santa if there was that big biker dude would have kick your ass. That was my Christmas wish and I didn't get it. Maybe someday you will get what you deserve and I will get my wish. Your brother is cute maybe he will think I am too.

    Ethan


  6. Unknown Says:

    Ryan - I'm glad things worked out for you and Kadin.

    Anonymous/Ethan - Ryan's blog has seen many haters come and go, and I expect it to be around long after you've gone elsewhere to spread your hate. However, I hope that you stick around long enough to learn some tolerance, compassion and kindness from Ryan and his supporters. I'm not saying that Ryan is perfect; but he does have a lot to teach you.


  7. jimm Says:

    I can never understand people who hate. It is nothing more than wasted energy.

    Whenever i do something to help someone else, like the big dude did, it is a positive which lifts my own spirits and makes me feel good about myself.

    Why would anyone waste their time spewing hateful negatives? It must be a rather depressing existence. Most civil people try their best to make friends. Why would someone set out to make enemies? It must be very lonely.


  8. elise Says:

    I must be on the same Highway, cuz I have so many gay loved ones, and I have to say that IT'S AN AWESOME RIDE!!!


  9. its a shame there are people like that out there but it does happen. I don't know about her and what she was spoutin out but any christian who truely believes in christianity would not judge someone like that. No one on this planet has the right to tell anyone where they are going. Only god knows where we will go after we pass away. Atleast, thats what I believe. Your an angel ryan and I don't see you ever going to the great big pit of summer. Your an awesome man and it brought a smile to my face how people stood up. I wish I could have been there to see that, it would have brought a tear to my eye. It just goes to show that the world is changing.

    One can only hope that it is for the good. Happy Holidays ryan! Try to stay warm plez, don't want you catching anything else. Later cowboy


  10. Matt Says:

    You guys hold hands alot in public it seems...

    Not that theres anything wrong with that at all!!..

    I've just never really been that close with anyone that was brave enough to do it, it seems rare among younger gay guys...

    Your special Ryan, since you have found and plan to keep your man, instead of just being a FL whore, like the guys in Whorelando, and Laidurdale (new word, still working on it)..

    Glad they took your side, especially the big guy.. I still need to get some pepper spray...lol.. then might feel braver sometimes to do those things...