25 Killed in West Virginia Mine Blast

I had a different post planned for today but after what happen yesterday I need to do this post first. I will get to the other post later this week it's a sad story that needs to be told also. Montcoal, West Virginia needs our prays now. Again another mine accident I'm not going to act like I know much about this I don't other than what Mike has told me. I have read some about it but don't know a lot.What I do know is this West Virginia is filled with good people and a lot of small towns and most of them involved somehow with coal mines. I have to be honest until I met Mike and went back to his town I didn't know anything about coal mines. Mike took me into a mine so I could see somewhat what the workers deal with daily. I couldn't go down to far I got all freaked out and couldn't breath I had to get out. It was very scary to me and to think men go down in them things everyday.I want to say this I think with all the technology we have we could come up with something to keep these people safe. I don't want to point fingers but what I have seen on TV and have read seems this company that owns this mine has had fines and have had other miners die at this site. Something needs to be done if this company didn't do the right stuff to keep these miners safe.Everybody that follow this blog knows about me and Mike and how much we cared for each other and even though things didn't work between us we still care for each other a lot. When he got the call yesterday from his family saying he had family in that mind all I could do was pray and hug him. I don't anything I haven't heard from him I think Dad has but he hasn't said anything to any of us yet. Mike and my Dad became close since Mike moved here to Atlanta area. All I ask for is that everyone keep Mike in your thoughts and all the coal miners and there families in your thoughts and prayers today.Read about the accident here CNN
7 Responses
  1. ryan field Says:

    I'm thinking about Mike and hoping his family is okay. Such a shame that these things have to happen to good people. I've been reading your blog so long I feel like I know Mike.


  2. elise Says:

    I am definitely sending my prayers to Mike and all of the coal miner families. It really makes me stop and think about how fortunate my own family has been, to NOT live in an area where the only real jobs are so horribly dangerous.

    I am counting my blessings an extra time today...


  3. naturgesetz Says:

    My prayers for Mike and his family and all the miners and their families.


  4. Tim Says:

    Yeah tell Mike we are all thinking about him, hope it's not his Uncle.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    My prayers are with Mike and his
    family...

    HUGS!!!!

    Laurie


  6. Martin O. Says:

    Hope everyone one in Mike's family is OK.

    Seems like every time a tragedy like this happens, the mining company involved has a history of safety violations. I don't understand why they're allowed to continue operating with unsafe conditions.


  7. ittyK Says:

    Oh my god! That's so awful! I will make sure to include Mike in my prayers tonight.

    Something like this happened in Utah two-ish years ago (I'm no good at estimating time) When there was a collapse in the mine. My friend's mother's friend was in there when it happened. He didn't come out alive. Her mom was heartbroken, and I will pray like hell that Mike doesn't have to go through that too.

    lots of love a prayer for Mike and you,
    ittyK