And the Thunder Rolls

My Grandpa was diagnosed with cancer for the fourth time its bad this time they said they anit much they can do for him they brought in a hospice nurse to make him comfortable as possible. I have many feelings going on inside me right now. I wasn't as close to him as I was my Grandma. He ask us boys to come up and see him before he lives this world.

He can't talk he has a tube in his throat to help him breath so he writes everything down I guess. Were gonna try to go up real soon maybe this week. There is other issues here that I'm dealing with trying to get up there. Anyway I feel I need to do this cause he ask and I should even though I don't along that well with that side of the family. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers please I'm gonna need them.

Not sure if I will post anymore this week but I might just to keep my mind off things.

Later!
10 Responses
  1. A Lewis Says:

    I think it probably goes without saying that I love you dearly and wish you lots of peace where you have turmoil. And light where there is darkness.


  2. surakmn Says:

    Hang in there. I've lost a lot of family, including a grandparent, to cancer. It's not pretty. You're in our hearts and prayers.


  3. Eric Says:

    Ryan...I am so sorry and I hope you have a nice visit with your grandpa. The most important thing for him is to have no pain and to have those who love him nearby. Hugs and lots of love!

    Eric


  4. naturgesetz Says:

    You'll be glad you visited.

    I hope he doesn't suffer badly, and I hope your visit goes well. He'll appreciate it.

    Prayers and best wishes to all of you.


  5. elise Says:

    My dear Ryan----Your visit will give comfort to Grandpa, which is what he needs right now. And of course you're in my thoughts and prayers--that goes without saying.

    Sending love and hugs to you as well.....


  6. You're always in my thought's Ryan and you can't make much against that, sorry. :)


  7. Austin Says:

    Someone once said that it's better to regret things you've done than things you haven't done.

    Go up to see him. If your family makes it a nightmare, then they're to blame. If you don't go up and you don't get to see him before he goes, then it's all on you.

    I work in a cancer treatment center now, specifically for the department that handles palliative care and psychological comfort. The best thing you can do right now is be there for him, even if it's extremely difficult for you to do so. You'll hate it for a while, but you'll be proud of yourself for doing it.


  8. Agree with Austin.


  9. ryan field Says:

    You're in my thoughts :)


  10. Jay Says:

    No matter what the rest of the family says, go visit the poor man. He needs you in his final hours. It's going to be difficult to see him in this condition, but he needs you now. My thougts are with you.