Executed by Lethal Injection

I know I've talked about this before but it's my blog so I'm going to talk about it again. Today at 4pm Florida is scheduled to execute a man. Now I still don't know how I feel about this I used to say if he did the crime he must do the time and if he took life his must be takin also. An eye for an eye I guess is what they say I still am pulled that way I'm sorry but that's how I feel.

I think if your put on trail and your found guilty without any doubt at all and you killed someone then your life should be taken from you. I want to make damn sure that there is not doubt at all before we put a man to his death. In the old days they found you guilty then you were hung quickly. Now a days people bitching and crying about rights ya know when they took a persons life did they give a fuck about his rights?

See what I'm saying how it's hard not to say yeah he is guilty he should die. This case kinda pissed me off you need to read it to understand why it pisses me off. 30 fucking years on death row come that is way to long for someone to sit on death row. 30 years Officer Pena family had to live without him because Manuel killed him. Read the story tell me what you think I'm pissed!

STARKE -- Manuel Valle, who killed a Coral Gables police officer in 1978, is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection at 4 p.m. today at Florida State Prison.

Valle, 61, shot Officer Louis Pena, 41, in the neck during a traffic stop more than 33 years ago in Coral Gables.

If the sentence is carried out, Valle, who has been on death row almost 30 years, will be the 70th execution since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976.

Pena’s son, daughter and former wife live in Lee County.

Louis P. Pena, 53, of Lehigh Acres and his sister, Jeneane Skeen, 46, of Buckingham made the five-hour drive to Starke on Tuesday.

Pena says their mother, Inez Afanador, 73, of Lehigh Acres will not attend the execution because she is recovering from back surgery.

Martin Grossman, 45, of Pinellas Park was the 69th execution on Feb. 16, 2010. Grossman, then 19, killed Florida Wildlife Officer Peggy Park, 26, in 1984.


http://www.news-press.com/article/20110928/CRIME/110928005/Convicted-cop-killer-Manuel-Valle-served-last-meal?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
8 Responses
  1. Damien Says:

    I say let the dude die. 30 years is way toooo long for taxpayes to foot these criminals bills. The maximum someone should be on death row is 10 years. This allows time for all appeal processes to be completed and for any new evidence to come up. Also, it will save tax payers millions, if not billions of dollars.


  2. mary gresham Says:

    I will make this short and to the point, I agree with you completely. There is no reason for a family to have to wait that long for justice!


  3. Ric/Teddytoy Says:

    I think that if the person is guilty they should be treated as they treated the victim. Whatever they did to the victim should be done to them.


  4. Eric Says:

    The problem is not with this case although the huge time from crime to punishment is ridiculous. The problem is that the death penalty is not meted out fairly in the U.S. It is nearly 100% certain that Rick Perry, as Governor of Texas, oversaw the execution of at least one innocent man. If you have money you can avoid the death penalty almost for sure. If you are poor, and especially a minority in the south, forget it. There is a very dark and sad history of lynchings and unjust executions in our terrible past, so it is now the opposite way. I did support the death penalty previously and there are many who more than deserve it, but it is not a deterrent and the criminal justice system is so messed up it has become a joke. Life in prison without any chance of parole is, believe it or not, cheaper and keeps murderers off the streets forever.


  5. I have very mixed feelings about the death penalty. It hasn't really deterred criminals from committing the crimes that would warrant a death penalty.(not that I have seen at least) And honestly, which is worse? Death, or being imprisoned the rest of your life with no hope of ever being in the outside world again? (this would probably drive me to madness)

    Maximum security prisons I can only image are ugly places with possibly equally ugly people who know they won't get out so what do they do? Mess with other inmates. THAT would deter me from ever wanting to be in any prison.

    He shot a cop and killed him and I can't stand by and say he doesn't deserve the worst possible sentence, but when we said that shooting people was cruel, and I have to admit that electrocution sounds like cruel and unusual punishment...we're left with lethal injection. Dope em up, stop their hearts, and that is that. Doesn't sound like there would be much "pain" involved now does it?

    IF we have to execute someone, pop one in their head, or lethal injection and let it be done and overwith.


  6. RayMan Says:

    I am against the death penalty.


  7. ryan field Says:

    I live forty minutes from Philadelphia and an hour and fifteen minutes from New York. I spend time in both cities often. In between these two cities, are some of the most dangerous smaller cities in the country. In Philadelphia alone there are drive-by shootings at least once a day and some innocent person gets killed. In the past three months, there's been a rash of killings with owners of corner grocery stores. These are good, hard working people who die for no reason, and their families are left to struggle without them. Peole are terrified to walk the streets.

    So far, nothing seems to be detering these criminals. They have no respect for human life and prison for some of them is a step up. I think it should be left up to the family of the victim when it comes time to sentence.


  8. adam walker Says:

    if they commit a crime and there found guilty they should be hanged that same day im pissed