My Say

I wasn't going to do a post on this but after last week and some emails and stuff I got I just had to say my peace on this and move on I'm talking about Whitney Houston. On facebook I said what I felt about her and her death and I guess I pissed some people off. Well if you think this is going to be an apology then better stop reading now and close this site out. I will not apologize for my thoughts right or wrong they are my thoughts.

I was very hard on Whitney and stand behind what I said I said something like this I don't feel sorry for her she had a gift from God and she smoked it up. I said all of the sudden she dies and everyone wants to put a crown on her head like she was a saint. A few years ago nobody was talking about her unless they were making fun of her crack smoking ass. Now she died and they all jump on the Whitney band wagon please!

They did they same thing when Michael Jackson died 8 to 10 years ago we were ready to lock his ass up for child molesting but when he died oh they jump on that wagon and it was all king Michael. I'm sorry this pisses me right off one day your ready to piss all over them but when they die there like a fucking saint. Well I'm sorry if I piss you off but neither one of them are saints and if they were every going to be they fuck it up by doing bad things.

Now I got emails saying well your not a saint and a cherry pick bible verse the one that who has not sin cast first stone. Well number I have never claim to be a saint and I'll be the first to admit I sinned and I'm not throwing stones. I will give credit where it is due and both these singers were great and Whitney had a voice like nobody else but she blew that God gift away.

They tell me to show respect well to me they lost there respect by doing drugs and touching kids. If that makes me a bad person cause I say what I feel then so be it I'm a big boy and I can live with it. I had a really good person that I looked up to and stood with on many issues we crossed a few times on issues but always stayed friends but over this they ended our friendship made me question how true this person really was to me.

Look if you stop out friendship over something so stupid like Whitney or Michael then I don't need you as a friend. One other thing I'm really sick at people pointing fingers at Bobby Brown I'm not a fan of his or his music all I know is after him and Whitney got a divorce he went to rehab got himself clean and now is back touring and doing well makes me wonder if maybe Whitney was really the fault! So bring on the hate mail delete me from your facebook if this post pisses off cause I'm going to be me speak my mind I'm not sticking up for molesters or crack heads!

6 Responses
  1. mary gresham Says:

    Well darlin, I've said it before and I will say it again, whitney, the real whitney, died years ago, when she destroyed herself with drugs. While everyone deserves a second chance, she had it and blew it away too. I've also said before, bobby didn't hold her down and force coke up her nose, she did that all on her own. She could have got herself straight and she didn't, so while she was a great singer at one time, when she died, she was nothing more than a drugged out shell of her former self. When I read that the governor had issued an executive order for flags to be lowered, I just shook my head and wondered what the world was coming to. Of course this is the same governor who vetoed same sex marriage, so nothing he does surprises me.
    Ryan, ignore any hate mail that you get, we have our beliefs about it and they have theirs and we will never change their minds. Love you!


  2. naturgesetz Says:

    The poet John Greenleaf Whittier wrote the lines

    For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    The saddest are these: "It might have been!"

    I think what happens is people realize that much more "might have been" in the lives of people like Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. It makes sense for them to say, "It's sad they fouled up." But it seems that many people want to ignore the foul-ups and act as if the person really did all the "might have beens."

    These people are warnings, not role models.


  3. Jay Ross Says:

    You have the right to speak your mind and I admire you for doing just that-so keep speaking. It gives us something to think about.

    Michael and Whitney were their own destruction.


  4. elise Says:

    Ryan---I always admire your exercise of freedom of speech, especially when you express something that is unpopular.

    I also think it's usually a good thing for us to hear different points of view. I think it helps us learn and grow.

    If someone doesn't like your opinions and/or the way you express them, they're free to debate you, or just stop reading. Just criticizing you for sharing your thoughts seems rather mean and cowardly, to me.


    Personally, I have been celebrating Whitney's beautiful songs, and feeling sad that she was apparently a troubled soul. She had a very special gift and made some bad choices that squandered this gift.

    I've never been comfortable with "worshipping" celebrities simply because they are/were very good at entertaining us. Even if they never did crack or molested children. Most of the superstar celebrities were probably born with a special ability, and then worked hard to develop their talent and use it to make a good living.

    And there is no way that justifies the sacred honor of having State flags fly at half-staff. THAT was outragious.

    Well, Ryan, you sure got me talking here!

    Keep on truckin', my sweet, 'cause many of us love you and your "no bullshit" writings!

    big hugz.................


  5. David Says:

    Michael and Whitney were some talented people but they threw away their gift by leading the life the did. i respect them for the talent they had but when they chose to throw away their gifts in my opinion they threw away the repect they could have had


  6. Anonymous Says:

    You got it right! At last a brave soul willing to state the all-too-obvious.

    Keep up the good work.

    Jim