Trapped

I been reading a lot in the paper lately about kids saying there transgender I mean kids as young as 6 and 7. I don't know if they are or if there aren't but I can speak on this when I was that young I knew I was different and I knew I liked boys didn't know what it was called all I knew is that I was different. I've posted about this before and have many people tell me I didn't know what I was or liked at that age but I have to say to them is there not me and they don't know what I liked or how I felt.

So I think a young person that age may feel there in the wrong body now the issue some people have is parents that are open about life will let that child live the gender they want to be I see nothing wrong with this either as long as the child is being who they are and want to wear what they want and not forced to do so. There is a fine line when it comes to surgery for me I personally think a person should wait until they are at least 18 before any body parts are removed or added.

I'm not sure if in the USA if they do surgery on teens for gender change but even if the teen wants it and the parent gives there okay I still think they should wait until there 18. Don't mean they can't live as they gender they want to be just means they have to wait for the surgery. What if they go through with at a young age and then decide when there 22 shit I shouldn't have done that. I just think there should be an age limit I don't much about this I'm sure there some kind of law.

Just thinking that maybe some kids as young as I was know they are different and I am happy there is some parents that are okay with there kids being who they want to be. Just like I think some kids are sexual at a young age also like I was. There again I did a post about that and I am not sorry I got into sex so young I enjoyed and don't feel like anyone took advantage of me in reality I was the one who started it.

I don't know what yall think?
7 Responses
  1. mary gresham Says:

    I agree with you Ryan, no way should anyone have that kind of surgery until they are older, possibly even older than 18. Its a really big decision, one that would not be easy to change once done. And, while some kids are very mature at 18, others don't reach maturity until they are older, so maybe it should depend on the maturity rather than age, I don't know. I just know its not an easy decision to make.
    As for sexual maturity, as you said, some kids reach that before others, for me, it was 15, but I had a male friend and he was 12, but at the time he looked like he was around 18, I've told you about him before, Ryan, he's the one who was very well endowed at that age.
    Anyway, yes, a kid should be allowed to be themselves, but wait on surgery until they are older.


  2. ryan field Says:

    I agree they shouldn't have surgery under 18. I also think they shouldn't be discouraged either. A lot of the psychological baggage we take with us all our lives comes from those early years.

    I knew at 3 years old I was into guys. I just knew it. It took a while to figure it out. But I knew when I sat on my good looking older cousin's lap for the first time I liked the way it felt.


  3. naturgesetz Says:

    When someone's body is clearly male or female, the idea that they are the other sex is a mistake, IMO. Not only do I agree that they should not have surgery until they are at least 18, but I also think that they should have psychotherapy, if possible, to try to help them get past the idea that there is something wrong with their bodies.

    (This may be as unpopular as some of your opinions, but it's what I think, and you asked.)


  4. Ryan Says:

    its okay nat i did ask and thanks for your thoughts i know you mean no harm it confuses me also but i kinda understand them feeling different me personally i love my penis and wouldn't want to get rid of it i guess the main thing with this post is support.


  5. Austin Says:

    Gender identity is different from sexuality. Since none of us here seem to have suffered from mismatched gender identity, I don't know that any of us are qualified to state how it should be handled. Furthermore, not all gender differences result in sex reassignment: some people are perfect happy biologically but not culturally with their given gender. That's why we have transgender and transsexual as different things.

    I'll state, though, that if you're going to go through sex reassignment, it's better to start younger than older. Hormones are a huge part of it, and forcing someone to wait until 18* means having to reverse more hormonal changes than if you started earlier.

    There's also a long process, including psychiatric evaluation, that has to take place before any surgery is an option, including years of living in the target sex culturally. So, even if a 10-year-old decides he/she wants to go through the process, surgery wouldn't be an option until probably 15 or 16.

    * I also think the magical age of 18 as the age of consent is asinine. Different people have the wherewithal to consent to different things at different points in development. Deciding that someone is suddenly capable of making such a decision at 18 rather than 17 or 16 (or even younger) has no rational basis. But that's a topic for another day.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I read a bit about this, and apparently, you must be 18 to get the surgery. Transitioning is not an easy task. No surgeon with do it without years of therapy and treatment, and living as the opposite sex.

    As to how I feel about someone (at any age) feeling they are transgender...given the huge range of sexuality in this world, I cannot not believe that transgender folks exist. I know at least two, one who has transitioned and one who hasn't (yet). Their sincerity with their feelings are every bit as real as mine are for the same sex. And it's no easier for someone who is living in the wrong gender body to change their orientation than it is for us.

    Peace <3
    Jay


  7. Anonymous Says:

    I saw a show on tv were a female body person who feels he is a boy.

    They have decided that he will receive hormone blocking therapy to delay puberty to avoid those body changes.

    I don't know but this seems like it might be a partial solution.

    What are your feelings about people who are born with non-deterministic gender - either hermaphroditic or other wise.

    Some times parents have to choose a gender and the child is operated on at birth - what do you do when the child wants/claims to be the other gender in that case?