Life Goes On


I wanted to do a post on why I turn the job down as a swimming coach after I told them I would take it. After talking with my dad and few good friends it got me thinking and I decided it wasn’t the best job for me after all. Why I came up with this is working in the school system and being a coach you have to give your all and give up apart of your life and I just don’t want to do that.

What I mean is I’m a free spirited type person yall know that. I love nudity and not just in the sexual way either and I don’t want to give that up. Let’s face it today kids are way different than they used to be and the changes I would have to make just wasn’t worth it to me. I couldn’t take the chance of the kids finding out or finding pics of me and next thing you know its all through the school.

I’m gay and I’m proud of that but it’s a small part of me its not the whole me. If you met me in person you would never think I was cause I’m not the flamboyant type nothing wrong with those who are. But if one parent found out and found out I was a swim coach could you think of the hell that could be raised and I just don’t want to put myself in that situation of do I want to make it hard on any kid that may be questioning who they are.

So this morning I went up to the school and told them thanks but no thanks and explained why and they seemed to understand and was happen that I though about it before I jumped in. The coach did turn me on to another place thats looking for a swim coach that has nothing to do with the school system and trains swimmers for games like the olympics. I called them and they want to meet with me in the morning.

I just don’t know what I’m looking for I love working with animals I just don’t like all the bullshit behind the doors and with my mouth I have to call people out when I see them doing wrong. I’ve had different kind of jobs over my short life just too many if you ask me. Hell my little brother been at his job now for over two years and loves it. I just need to find what I’m looking for or start my own shelter cause I’m not getting younger.

Peace!
4 Responses
  1. Your host Says:

    You made the right decision for you and that is what matters. I'm sure you'll find the right path and the right job.... good luck


  2. *sigh well, you're still young, but indeed you need to find out what you’re looking for, we all have to until the end of our lives. Good luck Ryan!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Fortunately, you ARE young, and have plenty of time. There is nothing wrong with trying new things, and turning down jobs even after thinking it's a good thing - that just means you are thinking, which is good! I am sure you will find what you are looking for - and maybe it is opening up your own shelter!
    Peace <3
    Jay


  4. ryan field Says:

    When I made the decision to use my name instead of a pen name while writing gay erotic romance, I thought about it for a long time. I knew I would be judged and it wouldn't always be easy, but I don't have regrets. You have to do what is right for you.

    I have always owned my own businesses anyway because I don't take orders well :) And I'm not really a kid person so I knew I would never be working with them.

    You will figure it out. Maybe take a course to be a vet tech. My niece who has about ten rescues in her house at all times teaches courses like that.