Sad News from Atlanta

Harry C. Payne

My Mom called me earlier today and told me some rather bad news. Seems like the president of the school I went to has pass away. Details I guess is he might have jump from a roof of the hotel where he was staying. I am not sure I just seen it in the paper Mom is giving me details from what the news stations are reporting. Anyway I thought he was a good guy and when I had troubles at the school he took care of them right away. I felt he did a lot of good for the school and I am sure he will be missed.
Statement from Woodward:
Woodward Academy Mourns Loss of Leader, Friend
Woodward president Dr. Hank Payne passed away Monday afternoon in midtown Atlanta. There are no words to sufficiently express the Academy’s sympathy for his wife Deborah and family.

The school has flourished over the past seven years under Dr. Payne’s leadership. We have become a community in every sense. Now our community faces the most difficult of tasks – to mourn a great man, a visionary leader and a loyal friend.

We can honor his memory best by continuing to strive for excellence today and every day – in the classroom and in all other areas of life at Woodward and in the Atlanta community.

The family requests donations be made to Woodward Academy in lieu of flowers.


By MIKE MORRISThe Atlanta Journal-Constitution
6 Responses
  1. Laurie Says:

    Oh Honey, I'm sorry to read that.
    I really don't know what else to
    say. Except, I loves ya and Mikey
    very much and I wish you well.

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!\

    Also, a BIG hug and kiss to my
    Corey.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I don't know what made this man feel he had no choice but to kill himself. It is a sad statement on the human condition that a person can become so isolated and trapped that he feels there is only one way out. I'm so sorry for the loss. A big bear hug to Ryan and Mike and Corey. Ed


  3. Anonymous Says:

    http://JonCox.Multiply.com
    Ohh Ryan,
    I'm so very sorry to hear this. :o( It seems these kinds of things have been happening A LOT lately. It's so incredibly sad as well as scary. I just lost someone I knew, tragically as well and all I can think is, the best thing to do now is take great, extra special care of all those whom you love and care about. I'm very glad he took the time to help you in your time of need. I'm sorry this had to happen to someone close to you as well, Ryan. Take care. *HUGS* to you, Mike & Corey.
    ~Jon~


  4. That is sad to hear. Big hugs to you.


  5. I can't imagine whta would drive a person to do something like that (if it wasn't an accident) but you never know until you are in another's shoes. I pray the man is now at peace and my prayers and sympathy go out to his friends and loved ones.


  6. D-Man Says:

    Sorry for your loss :(