Hello *waves*

Hiya peeps, my name is Calvin and I responded to Ryan's ad for occasional contributors. Don't worry I shan't intrude too much, I'm just going to help out every once in a while, it's very much Ryan's show still - I shall just be the occasional ugly to his cute! And, of course, Ryan retains the power of veto to kick my sorry arse out of here if needs be.

So, who am I? I hear you ask. Well, I'm a 28 year ol' homosexualist from Britain where it rains. I'm in a long term relationship with my man of 7+ years who I met at university in Brighton when I was an undergraduate. He still has the first txt I sent him, now that's a modern romance. We've been out to his family for years now but only recently to mine and enjoy good relations on both sides.

In the grand tradition of game shows I must define myself by my career (such as it is): I currently work for an Irish university doing some teaching but my contract expires at the end of the Summer and I shall be returning to the UK then. I've been in Ireland for two years now which pretty much means I've consumed my own body weight in Guinness several times over and developed the habit of asking "what's the story?" when meeting new people. Oh, and I once tried to write a book and found out that I didn't have a novel in me, nor did I have the stamina/patience to finish Ulysses (although the bookmark still in it so I've not officially given up on it...) Ho hum.

*shuffles off nervously*
6 Responses
  1. Laurie Says:

    Well, we welcome you Calvin.

    It's nice to meet you.


    HUGS!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Welcome Calvin, from one who claims ancestry from across the pond. My mother descended from Scottish blood mixed with Native American (Indian) my father came from an English-Irish cross. His father was born in Eldon, Durham County, England in 1890. From Coal Mining stock. They came to America to seek better working conditions and more freedom I think. My Great-Grandmother was said to take produce from her neighbors gardens without asking for she said that it was the land of the free. Along with several children she embarked to America in 1904 from Liverpool aboard the S.S. Celtic to join her husband already working in the coal mines of West Virginia. Oh, sorry I do go on. I just want to say you've done a swimmingly good job and if not too knackered I hope you'll blog again soon. Ed


  3. Carl Says:

    Welcome. I like the "accent" you have when you write.


  4. sillyboi Says:

    Welcome Calvin, Welcome to the world of Ryan as I have called it. Have fun be real.


  5. Tim Says:

    Hi Calvin!


  6. Welcome Calvin, it gave me quite a turn when I read your above post until I realized what was going on by reading this one!
    I look forward to hearing about your life and about life in the UK in general!