Make a Change

Well I made thru the New Year yes I had 2 much rum and coke and I laid around all day yesterday but that's ok that's what I plan on doing anyway. Something happen at the club that pissed me off and still does thinking about now again. Have any of you seen that show on Style network called Ruby? If you haven't you need to she is such a wonderful women trying real hard to lose weight and she is doing such a great job at it. I wish I knew her personally coz just the show she seems like the type of person I would want to be around everyday. Anyway at the club New Years Eve this guy came in with some friends and he was a big guy I am and never been the type of person to judge anyone by weight, height or anything that has to do with a person. I know how many feel about there body coz I have issues myself. Anyway he came in with some friends and I was singing and didn't think much about him at that time.

A little later one of the guys he was with I ran into in the bathroom we started talking and he was telling me about his friend and that he was at one time up to 450 pounds and he with there support was losing weight and trying to get healthy and that this was his first night out in like 5 years. His friend told me he was around 350 pounds right now and is doing great on losing I thought how cool this is. When we made are way back to the tables his friend was real upset and wanted to leave I didn't go right over 2 see what was going on coz they didn't really know me. The guy I talked to came up to the bar so I ask him what was going on and was his friend ok and this is where I got pissd off. He said that a few guys were making fun of his friend and he ask one guy 2 dance and he said he didn't dance with fat people. Ok yeah that really went thru me like getting hit with a brick.

Why is it that people are so mean? I would think that being in the gay community that people could be nicer 2 each other but I guess I am wrong. I just don't get why people are so mean. I know personally how it feels to be picked on maybe that's why I still have a low self esteem about myself. Well the more I set there the madder I got thinking that this guy came out for the first time in years and people in this bar gonna make him feel so bad I think not. I filled Kadin in on what was going on and then I decided 2 do something about it. Now what I wanted to do was find the boys that did that and smack the shit out of them but that anit gonna help so I did the next best thing I went righ up 2 the table and I ask the guy to dance and the look on his face was priceless. It only got better Kadin filled in some other people that was with us and they also ask the guy 2 dance and all night long we kept that guy up dancing and had a wonderful time. I wanted to show him that there are people that do care. His friend thanked me so many times and I told him that's the way that the world should be what a better it would be.

I got there emails and cell numbers before we left for the night so I am gonna keep in touch with them. I also told them about blogging and the wonderful people that I have that come and reads my blog and that they should start one coz they support they would get from more good people like my readers. If they start one I will let u know that way u can check them out also. I think this new year everybody should be nicer to each other stop hurting each other with words. What a world it would be don't ya think? How you spend youe New Year's?

Later from Florida!
13 Responses
  1. Laurie Says:

    Yeah Honey! Ruby is the type
    of person you'd wanna be around
    24/7! I watched the end of one
    episode last night...She is SOOOOO
    BEAUTIFUL!!!! Inside and out....
    HEY! That's just like you!!!
    Inside and out just a beautiful
    person :)

    Hope I wasn't to hard on you...
    I know I yelled pretty bad....
    It's just that I loves ya so much
    and want you around forever....
    Like I said...YOU ARE THE ONLY
    RYAN I HAVE!!!!

    I love you!!!!

    HUGGIE SNUGGLES!!!!!!


  2. naturgesetz Says:

    You are so good-hearted!

    <3


  3. That is WONDEDRFUL that you saw this "wrong" and tried to make it "Right"...Good For You! And in the process, YOU made some new friends! BRAVO to you Ryan. I agree with you....Let's hope in 2009 people will be kindeerr to each other....Basically, we ALL want the same things and that in itself should help to unite us....Maybe that WILL happen more in 2009!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Ry..that was a nice way to finish the year!
    Redd


  5. Anonymous Says:

    This is why I love you....


  6. Mr. Urs Says:

    At least one of us two did his first good deed this year. Keep up the good work.


  7. That's so kind, seems you are a saint - I must beat my ironic nature for a moment, OK done - that's really great.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Good for you for that doing that and turning a negative into a positive.


  9. jimm Says:

    I think this qoute from somewhere on Cody's Pad sums up my personal opinion:

    "Everyone has the right to be respected for their differences, and the responsibility to respect others for theirs."

    Cody's Pad:
    http://www.codysworld.net/new/index8.html


  10. CreamedHoney Says:

    You continue to amaze all of us with your generous spirit. It's the little things you do that make this a better place for all of us.


  11. Chuck Says:

    Seriously, dude, that's the way to do it. Good for you, and way to set a great tone for 2009. I'm workin on the same.

    As for New Year's Eve, we started at a Mexican tranny bar (no, really, it's San Francisco; you think I'm kidding?), then went out for a late dinner of delicious pizza, hit a few low-key bars and decided to head home early so we could be walking on the street when midnight struck. It's awesome -- the city roars, then there's fireworks, and everyone's in a good mood and wishing complete strangers the best for the year ahead. Good times :)


  12. Wow... I must say if I could give you a big bear hug right now I would. If I loved you before Ryan I do even more now. Your the definition of what it means to be a great person, in any community. Also I believe that the reason why alot of gay people are assholes about people who are curvy is because they perseive society in a very superficial way. (that everyone is suppose to look like a certain way or act a certain way to be concidered sexy or attractive.) What you did Ryan was something no guy has ever done for me. Ive asked guys before to dance (when I go to clubs or bars) and they just ignore me. I know im a big boy and I know what that guy is feeling. If I was there, I would have danced with him... probably smooched 2 because everyone deserves a kiss if they haven't had one in awhile. ^_^

    You are forever the apple of my eye ryan.

    Love n Peace,
    Angel


  13. I would love to check out their blog - hope they start one.
    People are so unneccesarily cruel... glad you were there.