What's Love Got To Do With It

This is kinda of a sad post in a way see this coming weekend I'm going over to Daytona for the race. Now there is nothing sad about that anytime I can hang with Reed I have a great time. The sad part is my folks have been here in Florida for a few months now well sense I had that car wreck. Well this coming weekend the family on my Mom's side is having a family reunion of some type and even though they invited my folks to come my Mom won't go. See before I came out to the world my Uncle did and I guess went through hell with the family over this.

He and my Mom has always been close and when I came out he was there for me. When I moved to Florida he was there for me a few houses down from mine but I knew he was a phone call away. Well he was kinda disowned from the family and when I can out they also disowned me. They wouldn't and still to this day let kids be alone around me or my Uncle they feel were gonna harm or turn them gay. Some family members said if I or my Uncle comes to the reunion they won't. It makes me sad that there so close minded and just stupid.

I told Mom I was going to Daytona and she should go it's her family and she hasn't seen all them in forever but she said if your not welcome or my Brother is not welcome then I'm not welcome. I love my Mom so very much she has always been there for me and my Uncle no matter what just makes me so mad that people are still this stupid. Reeds coming here on Tuesday I just bet he will have my folks come over to Daytona for the race so it will all work out. Just pisses me off even hurts more that it's family.Later!
8 Responses
  1. ryan field Says:

    You and millions of other gay men who experience these things is the main reason why I'm always writing about gay characters in a positive way. To get the word out and help make it better. And, trust me, I've taken plenty of knocks for it, from all directions.

    You've always been an inspriation for me, Ryan. A huge one!! I'm sorry you have to experience this and feel this, but you're not alone. And good for your mom. She sounds great.


  2. jimm Says:

    If the relos don't get to personally know you, than nothing will ever change. I'd suggest that you, your uncle and mom, keep the door open. But, yeah, it's their problem, not yours.

    Enjoy daytona!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Moms have unconditional love for
    their children you know that...

    Give Reed a hug for me and tell him
    I say HEY!

    HUGS!!!!!

    'Mom'


  4. naturgesetz Says:

    It's sad that the relatives are so close-minded, but good for your mother for refusing to go if you and your uncle can't.

    But you said that there are people who say if the two of you are there they won't go — well maybe next time you should take them up on it and show up so *they'll* be the ones who are on the outside, where they belong.


  5. Uncle Gerry Says:

    I have always been inspired by your Mom and her unwavering love and acceptance of you. Leave the door open as Jimm says, but they have to open their side too. Love you Ryry.


  6. elise Says:

    Please give your mom a big hug for me!

    And happy Chicago Pride today!!


  7. A Lewis Says:

    I'm afraid it happens over and over, in families all across the globe. Fear. Hatred. Wondering. Not knowing. People are very very silly and stupid sometimes in how they allow the unknown to consume them.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I think my mom loves me but she can't believe I was born GAy. She thinks I haven't prayed hard enough or God would have made me straight. She wants me to have her pastor do an excorism to remove the bad gay demons inside. ed