I Support Do You?

I've talked about this in other post but after last night I need to talk about it again reason why is when I think about it my heart gets heavy and I just want to cry. When I went into work yesterday they had got a new resident in the care home I work for is a private one so that means the people there pay to be there I mean they pay if you know what I mean? Anyway when new residents come in one of my jobs is helping with checking them in finding out about there diets seeing if they need anything special.Well yesterday we had a marine come in I've work with marines and military people before coming home from fighting the wars. This always bothers me so much seeing these guys messed up. His parents decided he would get better treatment here than at the government ran place I have to agree with them. The thing is people have heard me bitch about the war in Iraq forever and I still will to anybody who will listen but saying that don't mean I don't support are troop whoever thinks that about me can kiss my ass. What them men & women do I could never do so I thank them for doing a wonderful job and for giving up so much for me that I can be free.I just want to be clear just cause I don't agree with the Iraq mess don't mean I don't support are troops there doing what they are told to do right or wrong and I will be there to do what I can to make there life a little better when they come back home. This guy is about my age if I didn't say before and it just makes me so sad to see him like he is when I talk to his parents and they tell me how he was before. Sad part is they don't think he will be any better than he is now. I really wish I could talk more about his condition but I can't the hipaa laws just know I will do whatever for this boy to make his stay here great they are going to try rehab and sure hope it works. Anyway just had to get this out there and out of my mind.What do you think about the new look on the blog?
Later!
9 Responses
  1. Brad Says:

    Ooo. Pretty.


  2. ryan field Says:

    I like the new look.


  3. It looks a bit unfinished of course, but I like it, I’m on your blog list, wow, that’s nice.


  4. Aaron Says:

    Wow! VERY nice.


  5. Matt Says:

    I agree with everything you said...As much as the war has misguided, we can't hold that against the soldiers, as they don't control where they go or what they are ordered to do...

    It always hits me when I heard about people who are my age or younger who have served, died for, or been severely injured either mentally or physically, and then to hear that when they get back home they aren't receiving the health care that they need, is just super disturbing.

    I know several people from my high school class who are or have been in the military, and they knew about the terrorists and things when they joined, but they joined anyways knowing there was a strong possibility of being put in bad situations, so more power to them.

    I hope your work can make that guys stay be the best it can be under the circumstances, and I'm sure it is a relieve to him to have someone around his age around.

    new look of the blog looks nice, though there was something to be said about the simplicity of the previous design.


  6. ryan field Says:

    When I commented before, I didn't see the entire post. It's taking a while for the posts to show up.

    But I want to add that this was one of your really good posts. I have always been a huge supporter of the troops and I have always admired them. Take good care of this guy and let us know how he's doing.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Love the post and the new look of
    the blog :)

    HUGS!!!

    Laurie

    ps. that text pic I sent you was
    of a week old burn on my arm...


  8. Mr. Urs Says:

    Looks very refreshing and has a positive twist. I like it.


  9. elise Says:

    At first I thought I opened the wrong blog! The scene at the top is lovely.....

    About your post----first, you are such a sweet soul, Ryan (I know I've said this many times,but it's so true and I just want to say it again). I know that soldier is going to benefit from your caring, loving heart.

    And second, thank you for mentioning again that we can hate the war and still love and support the troops!