Growing Up...Maybe?

Please don't read to much into this post. It's mainly for me and a few people that might understand it. I just don't want people jumping into over thinking. First off I said no more Tyler info and I'm gonna stick to that but let me say that he is doing very well. For those that got on the Ty list already knows this info. Moving on I did something that I feel very bad about and really don't know how to handle it. I need to tell someone that I've know for a while that I kinda wasn't totally honest with them over something. The thing is if I do I think they may get pissed and never speak to me again. This would upset me very much for I like this person very much as a friend. The problem is I'm gonna have to say things are coming down that I can't stop and the truth always comes out. I remember Mom always telling me that and as I get older I find out that the truth does come out. I just don't know how to tell this person without hurting our friendship.

Next thing I want to speak on is Bob yes Panhandle Bob. Some of you are thinking why he going there again why he bring this guy back up? Let me explain why sometimes in life you have to grow up and learn as you go. I think I have with this issue. See we had words me & Bob and some of you my faithful readers had my back. Then it just got out of control so I shut it down and it was stopped in its tracks. More I thought about it more I thought was Bob really wrong with his original statement no he wasn't. See he has a right to his opinion as I do mine. Some of the things he said after was a little wrong but he was just defending himself like any of us would have done. Then I sent out a message in a post that I knew Bob would get and he did and he email me just like I wanted. He said his peace in his email and I replied this went back and forth for a few emails. No screaming, no shitty email, no hurtful words just 2 men talking about what happen.

To be honest this made me very happy that I could have such a disagreement with someone and still be man enough to listen to there points and they listen to mine. I will admit I have a lot on my mind Tyler being at the top. That day on the blog when everything went down I was having a really bad day. My brother was in pain and mad at the world and I couldn't help him. I had a bad phone call with Kadin Dad was yelling at me for something. So when I seen that comment on the blog that Bob didn't make I just got mad and took it out on the blog. When Bob did make his comment I was still mad so I jump into him both feet and let it rip. Now that it's all past and we talked Bob understood that day and why I jump and I understand his side and I think we both had good points and Bob did apologize for some of the remarks he made the personal jabs. What's good about this what people could learn is 2 guys go into conversation not liking each other but man up and talk and come out better people and friends. What a wonderful world this would be if we could get the rest of the world to deal with issues like this!

Bob I'll buy the beer if you take me over Santa Rosa Island!
10 Responses
  1. naturgesetz Says:

    Good for you for rethinking what Bob said at first and reaching out. And good for Bob for acknowledging that some of what he said went too for. It's too bad more people can't act like that.

    Now, as for your friend, the first thing I'll say is that the longer you wait, the harder it will be. Just like with Bob, you know you were wrong. So just like with Bob, you have to tell him you were wrong. You can maybe say something like you value his friendship so much you did something stupid to try to preserve it. Then tell him the truth and say you're sorry you didn't tell it at first and you really hope he'll forhive you and still be your friend. Maybe he'll forgive you right away, or maybe he'll get mad and need some time to get over it.

    I hope it goes well.

    And I'm glad Ty is recovering.


  2. Malcolm Says:

    No overthinking needed, you found a way through a bad situation. All I can say is good to hear, well done.

    Love
    Mac


  3. Bret Says:

    I guess I know how life no matter how good things can be going can turn around and bite a person in the ass as they say.

    Just take care of what needs taken care of and hopefully all works out my friend.


  4. Panhandle Bob Says:

    Ryan, thanks. I appreciate your post. You're a bigger man than I ever imagined.

    Up here we have this little celebration here called "MDW." Memorial Day Weekend. It's when every gay guy with a car, an airline ticket or a thumb comes to Pensacola to let loose and party. Key West ain't got nothin' on us. It's a scene, man. You and Kadin come. I'll buy the beer.

    Be good.


  5. jimm Says:

    I been pretty good at screwing up friendships myself. If ur living a lie, its best to own up. Then go from there.

    Whenever someone criticizes me, i try to think it through for one whole day afore i say anything. Most the time, i come to a realization that ppl perceive me different from what i do. If they see me in a bad light, then i have to correct that. And being hearing impaired, i have a lot of misunderstandings.


  6. Octavius Says:

    An interesting turn of events to be sure. But in the end a good outcome.

    As for the other thing, well honesty may be hard, but it is the easiest thing to live with. My personal advice is to tell this person, and tell them why you weren't honest in the first place..., hopefully your friendship will be strong enough to handle it. If not, you will at least have a clear conscience.

    Courage and Honour!

    Octavius.


  7. Just Says:

    Ryan , stress like your dealing with, isn't easy to handle. You may handle it poorly at the time. But you did something even better you reflected and look back and seen what you did wrong. Not only seeing it you admitted and owned up to it trying to corrected it . That is all anyone can do. I am sure if you do the same thing with this other person they will see it like it was. Just as a mistake. Wishing you Peace. Give Ty My Love

    Love Lee


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Lincoln said that the way to destroy your enemy is to make him your friend.
    If he is your friend he will forgive you. Good luck. ed


  9. ryan field Says:

    Great Post...:)


  10. Laurie Says:

    honesty is always the best way
    to go...if they truely are your
    friend then they should forgive
    you...

    i'm glad that you and bob are
    friends now...there is no better
    way to end a day then with a new
    friend on your side...

    give my love to all and i really
    miss you so much...


    hugs!

    laurie