God Bless You All but Most of All Send Your Money

Last few days I have to admit I've been moody on the edge and totally lost intrust in facebook and blogger. I think on the facebook side those who are my friends on there seen a change. Hell I went one day with out posting anything and yall let me know about it lol in a good way. I don't know why I feel like I do I just do and like I said I've been on the edge and have been jumping on people telling them how I really feel just tired I guess of the bullshit.

Speaking of bullshit something that has pissed me off for years and I know I have talked about it before just never went into details until now. So I'm sure I'll piss some people with what I'm about to post but the mood I'm in I just don't give a fuck. What got me all pissed is these church's and groups that are trying to feed the hungry in other country's. First off you know not all the money they raise goes to help these people most of it goes right back to the church or group don't believe look it up its public record.

Like Susan G Komen talk about a rip off they are right at the top of money wasted again there is a government website that you can go to and they have to report what money is being used for what and very little of there's goes back to cancer research look it up. But I'm not here to bitch about them I'm pissed at these groups that are saving there feeding the poor and sick in another country's.

Like I said it's a waste of money if you send them any but besides that and here is the part I'm sure will piss some people off. Why don't we worry about feeding the hungry in our own country first? There are plenty of people right here in the United States that are hungry there are children right here that go to bed every night hungry. What about the old who have to make a choice between there meds or food? But we send millions and millions over to help others I'm sorry I don't understand this and don't like this.

I hate to be just right down cold hearted but I say fuck them people if there not smart enough to over throw a government if that's the reason they don't have food or if they live in a place that don't have food then fucking move. I'm sorry I wouldn't stay here in Florida if I didn't have shelter or food I would get out even if I had to walk. So it's kinda hard to sit here and feel sorry for people who aren't doing anything to help make there life better.

I'm sorry but there is no way in hell I'm gonna ask for money to send out of our country to feed some people when our own people are hungry. I seen George Cloony last weekend being arrest over some stupid shit and it comes back to feeding someone else in some other country you know what George big deal you got arrested for standing up why don't you shut the fuck up and put up your millions to feed those people? See he will use his name and who he is to help but try to take his money see how much he really cares.

Look I'm sure there are some good groups out there that do help and do a lot of good my problem is why don't you help some of the people here first. As long as we keep giving to those people there not going to do a damn thing to help themselves. And after we do help them sometimes they turn there back on us and spit or burn our flag yeah we need to think long and hard about this and like I said if you do want to help do it at your local homeless shelter of kids shelter.

This is my 2 cents you don't have to agree and your comments are always welcome!
8 Responses
  1. ryan field Says:

    I agree!! And I also agree about George Clooney. He should shut up and give all his money away if he cares that deeply. I get sick and tired of that kind of self-promotion. And while I'm on the subject, let's talk about Bill Maher. He gave one million dollars to the Obama campaign? Seriously? That one million bucks he had to spare would have saved many people in this country from losing their homes...if he wanted to do something good with it. But no, he hands it out to a political campaign that will go through one million dollars in less than a few days. Something's seriously wrong.


  2. naturgesetz Says:

    Well, people are people wherever they are. So if they need food, it's a good thing to give it to them.


  3. mary gresham Says:

    Damn Ryan, I've been saying the same thing for years. We need to help our own before we help other countries. Do I feel feel them, yes, but would I ever give them money, hell no. There is only a few charities I give money to, the main one being toys for tots. Randy has helped raise money for that and all the money raised stays in that community with national giving more. If we had a humane society in my area, u would also give to that. The only other one is St. Judes.
    So you don't have to worry about pissing me off, since I feel the same way.


  4. Panhandle Bob Says:

    1) Ryan, first of all don't make excuses in advance about pissing people off - you don't have to. Henry Ford said it best: "Never complain; never explain." Words to live by - and I do ;)

    2) Secondly, the reason we give so much money to people in other countries is complicated. But basically it's a question of humanity. We are supposedly the "greatest" nation on the planet. Therefore we have a moral duty to help others who are not as fortunate as us.

    Here in the U.S. we have mechanisms designed to help the poor. There's welfare, food stamps, homeless shelters, non-government organizations, faith-based-organizations (churches)... There is really no reason for anyone in this country to go hungry anymore. Hell, the beggars standing by the side of the road here in my town do pretty well - because Americans are generous and kind.

    However, I do agree that in some cases the giving has gotten out of hand and the U.S. should probably cut back or even cut off aid to certain countries (like Afghanistan perhaps). But where do you stop? To bring the point home, if you start giving a dollar to every beggar you see on the way to work every day, pretty soon you'd be out of dollars. Does that mean you never give to anyone? Or do you say, "Well I'm only going to give 50 cents a day to...umm...certain bums...the ones who say thank you and who I think won't spend it on booze or drugs."

    Yeah, it's not a perfect world. We're not a perfect country, and our government is not run by perfect people. All you can do is manage your own little world as best you can and not worry too much about anything else. Getting all wrapped around the axle over things you cannot control is bad for your health.

    If you really want to make a difference, get involved in politics! You might even run for president! You might promise us that you'll bring to us hope and change. Oh...err...already been done, eh? Yeahhhhh, we see how well *that* worked out. Even Obama couldn't make all that much of a difference in people's lives.


  5. Austin Says:

    There's a game some friends and I like to play. It's called "Oppression Olympics": you compete to see who's got it worst, and in doing so can ignore everyone else who doesn't have it as badly.

    ... Okay, it's not a game we like to play, but it's something a lot of people do. The truth is that even the poorest people in the US have access to more resources than the vast majority of the world, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't help our own poor - or theirs.

    As Panhandle Bob said - you do what you can, where you can and to the best of your ability.

    The problem with many of the western groups trying to help "third world countries" is that such "help" often comes with a helping of imperialism and a sense of "you're poor and not us so we automatically know what's best for you." It's like this Kony 2012 crap - most of the people in Uganda (the ones they're "trying to help") hate it and think it's sending exactly the wrong kinds of messages (one showing in Uganda literally erupted into a riot).

    The US is in a position to help a lot of people around the world - and also improve the lives of its own citizens. We can> do both. If we took our military and turned 1/3 of them from attack forces into disaster relief, we'd be the darlings of the world again and we could still work on improving the domestic situation.

    As far as individual decisions, who you (or anyone) support is a personal choice based on personal factors. We shouldn't try to play Oppression Olympics if we can avoid it. There are good organizations that help abroad, and good ones that help locally.

    I should qualify this all with the fact that I'm not an isolationist: I don't believe any nation in the world can afford to only focus internally. I consider myself a US citizen, but I also consider myself a member of the larger human race. Nations and borders are artificial constructs made by men and enforced by armies; I don't think an accident of location of birth makes any individual more or less deserving of basic dignities or rights. There are complicating political and socioeconomic factors, but my basic intuition is that the sentiment underscoring the Declaration of Independence covers all persons, not just those of the colonies.


  6. Ric/Teddytoy Says:

    Ryan.. there is an old saying..'Charity begins at home' It would be nice if it did. Americans are used to throwing money at a problem to make it go away. When confronted with hunger and other problems else wear we throw money at it.
    When the problem happens here. there is a reaction for a short time and then it is forgotten.
    A good example are the people affected by that round of tornados last month.. most have forgotten them already. But it will be a long time before those people will be able to live slightly normal lives. Help to those people came in right away, but a few weeks later it dries up, even tho the need doesn't.
    There are agencies and organizations that are supposed to help and they do in some instances but only for a limited time. And not everyone can get the help. And many offer help in the form of a loan that is expected to be paid back, like the red cross.
    People who are victims of violent crimes frequently get no help. Insurance doesn't cover many types of crimes and agencies throw so much red tape that it is almost impossible to get assistance.
    Most Americans turn their backs on people in need. They "don't want to get involved" They will walk or drive by someone in need and totally ignore them. But these same people will toss a few bucks in a basket for some charity over seas ... that way they can 'feel good' but not have to actually do anything.


  7. Mark Says:

    I think we the people in the USA need to help any place in the world we can. There is no reason that there should be a 3rd world as its called.

    Thought we have a lot to learn from those places we can bring them things like clean public water sources and sanitation for example.

    We in the united states have plenty of food to feed everyone and I mean everyone - more food it thrown out from grocery stores and composted in fields simply because it's got some sort of blemish on it.

    I found this link the-big-waste
    to the story on food network.

    Even on the show a health inspector decided that a cured prosciutto ham should be thrown out. He claimed it was unsafe due to temperature it was stored at however this sort of dried cured ham has been stored with out refrigeration for hundreds of years - that was the point of curing it that way.


    There is enough food in the USA and actually likely in the entire world. The problems are mostly related to transportation and distribution (logistics). Well I guess is about Money and politics as well.

    If you really want to help hunger in the USA look into gleaners who recover food from fields.

    Though freegans are a bit extreme we could learn a lot from them.


  8. jimm Says:

    I dont usually make donations. I figure my high taxes serve as my donations.